Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day, everyone! I hope you were all kind to Mother Nature today, though she was not very kind to me. I woke up to see snow flurries this morning and I was so not impressed. The highest temperature today was also only around 1°C - seriously, where is Spring? At least it's supposed to be 11°C and sunny tomorrow!

In honor of Earth Day, I decided to put together some outfits that reflect my love of nature. And since I'm poor, and I figure that there is at least one other person out there who cannot afford Manolo Blahniks, all of the outfits cost less than $100!

birds

I found this dress on GoJane a few days ago and I cannot stop thinking about it! If you know me, you know how much I love birds, especially considering the fact that I have a bird tattoo. This dress is lightweight and perfect for summer, though it would also look darling with a long cardigan and booties for spring. I'm trying not to give in and buy this dress but I may be fighting a losing game here.

florals

I actually love this look so much that I am tempted to run out and buy everything in this set! I haven't yet bought a pair of floral shorts but I'm really loving the look. Florals are especially popular right now, so it's no surprise that you can find floral shorts just about anywhere these days. I stumbled upon this pair from Aeropostale and I like them a lot. For this outfit, I wanted the shorts to be the main focus, so I kept everything else simple. The pearls, pale pink, and flowers definitely make this a feminine outfit!

floral

For the third look, I returned back to my beloved florals. I first fell in love with this cardigan when I spotted it on Kim of Anthroholic. I actually had a difficult time creating a look for this cardigan. I didn't want to pair it with anything overwhelming, since the cardigan has a very busy design. I finally settled on this dress from American Eagle. I love the crocheted back!

I hope you enjoyed this post! Which outfit is your favourite? Is there anything specific that you would like to see here? Let me know! :-)

4 comments:

Wendy Banner said...

Oh my goodness, get that bird dress! It's adorable and it's not crazy expensive, so I don't think there is anything to regret. :) The way I see it is if I see something that catches my eye and I find myself thinking about it or going back to look at it, then it's meant to be. Get it girlie! And if it helps, the first one is my favorite of the bunch. ;)

And seriously, snow? It snowed here last week during one of the mornings, but I think we're finally done with it. It's all rain now! The weather is crazy this spring. Ridiculous!

raised by the sea. said...

Aw, thanks for the lovely comment Wendy! The only thing stopping me is that while the dress is cheap, I hate spending $10+ on shipping. I've also never ordered from their website before so I have no idea how their clothes fits. Perhaps if I'm pleased with my marks this semester, I'll reward myself with that dress though! ;-)

Leanne said...

I love EVERYTHING from the second set! Plus the red cardigan from the first ;)

Speaking of Earth and everything related, you know what film I absolutely LOVE? Disney's "Earth" - I've watched it like 6x already, twice in the theatre :D

PS, Is there an option for people to comment with just their email and url? I don't have a wordpress.com account or really any of the others :( le sigh!

raised by the sea. said...

Thanks for the comment, Leanne! :-) I seriously think I need to buy everything from that second set! I've never seen "Earth", though I really wanted to see it when it was at the cinema. I love nature shows and movies- so inspiring!

I changed the comments so that anyone can comment using just their name and URL (unfortunately, that means that anonymous people can comment as well), hope this helps!

Post a Comment