Tuesday, June 14, 2011

All That Glitters

In honor of the launch of the soon-to-be-famous Glitter Guide, I thought I'd showcase some of my favourite items that glitter, sparkle, shine, and shimmer! Enjoy! :-)

OPI's "Show It and Glow It!" and "Sparkle-icious", two of my favourite glitter polishes.
These are a fun way to brighten up any outfit!

I didn't realize how sloppy this picture looked until I uploaded it to the computer, at which point I did not want to re-take it. On the left is my high school graduation dress, which is perfectly sparkly in a subtle way, and my not-so-subtle sequin skirt from Gap.

I got these Gap flats for Christmas but I only wore them for the first time this week. Let me tell you, they are not very comfortable at all! Do you guys have any tips for making flats more comfortable? I wore these for about 30 minutes and my heels were rubbed sore. :-(

Don't even get me started on how much I love these shoes from Aldo! They are comfortable, they fit like a charm, and they are perfectly glittery. I plan to wear these to my university graduation next year!

Necklaces that I picked up super cheap at Reitmans. They were originally $18+ each and I paid about $8 each for them. I love scoring a good deal, especially on jewelry as it's not something that I wear often.

J. Crew sure knows how to do sequins, as evidenced by these two shirts. The shirt on the left is actually black, and my friends called me a diva when I wore it to class one day. Whatever, I rock my sequins by night and day.

Sequin striped shirts from Joe Fresh (left) and J. Crew (right). Exact same shirt, but the pink one only set me back $24, while the J. Crew version was a pricey $72 (mind you, I didn't pay that much for it!).

6 comments:

Alynne Leigh said...

Dear You,
I want your sparkly shoes.
I love your sparkly post.
I follow your sparkling blog.
Kthanksbye.
xoxo,
Alynne

maggeygrace said...

All of these sparkly things are giving me some serious sparkly longings. I want some more sparkle in my life now!! Hehe. I LOVE the shoes. For flats...hmmm....have you tried those mini socks? They don't show with ballet flats and I've heard they make things comfier! Good luck!

Eeshie said...

I want all of this. :\

A. said...

I am instantly drawn in to your blog by all the glitter in this post!

agonemia.blogspot.com

A.

Jessica said...

Looove your blog! :) I very randomly stumbled across it and I'm so glad I did! :) I am in the midst of a massive love afair with sequins and glitter right now... pick up a gold sequined tank for $10 on a Joe Fresh clearance rack! LOVE! oh yes, and my husband called me "Hollywood" yesterday because I wore a sequined striped shirt to work.. hahah! Love rockin' the glitter, too, day and night! Keep up the good work!

JMay said...

Oh la la! I'm loving the sparkle!!!

Post a Comment